WE, AS A COMMUNITY OF SPIRIT-FILLED BELIEVERS, COMMIT TO EXALT GOD, TO EVANGELIZE THE LOST, AND TO EDIFY AND EQUIP THE CHURCH FOR MINISTRY.
TO EXALT: BFC glorifies God through a lifestyle of personal obedience and communion with Him; and, in the spirit and power of Pentecost, worships Him in seasons of praise, brokenness, power and blessing.
• We worship the Lord, expressing our reverence, love and allegiance to Him.
• We develop the habit of earnest and effectual prayer.
• We exalt the Lord through our service to Him, seeking to be instruments of His will and purpose.
TO EVANGELIZE: BFC mobilizes every believer to present the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit to the unsaved.
• We challenge one another to recognize the need for sharing the message of the Gospel and to understand our personal responsibility in meeting that need.
• We train one another in the specific skills needed to effectively witness.
• We seek out and develop opportunities for a hands-on involvement in presenting the Gospel to others.
TO EDIFY: BFC builds a Biblical community of believers, serving and building up one another in Christ-like relationship.
• We love, accept and encourage all within our fellowship without regard to social, economic or cultural distinctions.
• We motivate each other to develop Christ-likeness in our daily living.
• We care for and share with one another in times of need.
• We build relationships that strengthen each of us, recognizing that we are the body of Christ fitly joined together.
TO EQUIP: BFC develops its members into mature believers, leading them to discover spiritual gifts and calling, and deploys them as skillful ministers of God’s grace.
• We preach and teach the Word of God.
• We help each other discover our individual interests, gifts and abilities and train one another to effectively minister in our specific areas of gifting.
• We seek out and develop meaningful opportunities for involvement in ministry.
• Follow-through and continual improvement are a part of all that we do, as we seek to grow in our walk with Christ
With entire purpose of the Body of Christ, being that it brings Glory to God and to expand the Body of Christ.
We as a church make this statement.
Our reasons for being a part of the Body of Christ is:
We here at BFC will no longer be content with the mundane.
The Normal no longer satisfies us.
We will no longer settle for just average, as some do. In order to change the directions of our lives, our families, our church, our schools and our communities, we will:
Pray harder - To know Him
Seek deeper - To find Him
Search Relentlessly -To know His truths
Walk uprightly - To please Him
Speak controllably -To honor Him
Conduct ourselves appropriately -To uplift Him
Live each day in a way that allows Christ to be seen through the transparency of our lives - To glorify Him.